CORONAVIRUS – UPDATE
In this challenging time, we have a higher purpose, along with our vendors and customers to keep the food distribution channel replenished while doing all we can to protect our people and our customers. In order to so, we will continue to make customer deliveries as scheduled unless we receive guidance otherwise. We realize we provide a vital service to our society and many people are counting on us in this time of uncertainty. We are committed to going above and beyond for our customers, if safe to do so.
With those goals in mind, we have taken the following steps to reduce contamination among our employees, customers, and delivering suppliers:
- We are providing additional supplies of hand sanitizer at our sites and are in the process of acquiring additional, appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for our people. We will continue doing our best to keep those supplies available. All of our employees are using them to reduce the risk of contamination for us and our customers. We are committed to promptly responding to events as they develop and we will continue to monitor and adopt/observe the best known, recommended practices and promptly communicate those with our employees.
- We are gearing up and actively transitioning for any employees who can work remotely to do so.
- We have stopped company travel and are using conference calls and other technologies instead.
- Through our insurance provider we have provided additional telehealth access for all of our employees to ensure they go in for testing if they are exhibiting symptoms.
Will this affect our orders from HamiltonRanchDirect.com?
We will continue to fulfill orders to meet customer needs.
Will our orders be filled?
We will continue to fulfill web orders on the same weekly cycle.
We’d like to share the most current information available that includes guidance regarding COVID-19, the infectious disease caused by the most recently discovered coronavirus which was unknown before the outbreak began in December 2019.
What are the most common symptoms of COVID-19?
Symptoms can include fever, tiredness, and dry cough. Some patients may have aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat or diarrhea. These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually. Some people become infected but don’t develop any symptoms and don’t feel unwell. Most people (about 80%) recover from the disease without needing special treatment. Around 1 out of every 6 people who gets COVID-19 becomes seriously ill and develop difficulty breathing. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like high blood pressure, heart problems or diabetes, are more likely to develop serious illness.
Where can I get more information?
For more information, please visit the following World Health Organization (WHO) and U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC) websites:
You may also visit your local State and County websites that are likely to be providing updates specific to your area.
What can I do at my business or retail location to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
Be diligent about following your local Health Department Food Safety Codes and Regulations. If you have any questions, please contact your Local Health Department.
- Stay informed on the latest developments about COVID-19. Follow advice given by your healthcare provider, your national and local public health authority or your employer on how to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
Why? National and local authorities will have the most up to date information on whether COVID-19 is spreading in your area. They are best placed to advise on what people in your area should be doing to protect themselves.
- Keep up to date on the latest COVID-19 hotspots (cities or local areas where COVID-19 is spreading widely). If possible, avoid traveling to these places – especially if you are an older person or have diabetes, heart or lung disease.
Why? You have a higher chance of catching COVID-19 in one of these areas.
Please trust that during this uncertain time, HamiltonRanchDirect.com will continue to ensure the safety of our employees, customers, and suppliers. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this challenging time.
Chief Executive Officer
Harvest Sherwood Food Distributors